Selling your property is our number one priority.
We believe that our business is about people, not just property. We understand and recognise how difficult and demanding moving home can be, so our professional and dedicated staff work hard to provide a service that makes the entire process as simple and efficient as possible for all parties concerned. Not every estate is the same, let us show you what we can do you for your home sale by requesting a FREE no obligation valuation today.
Valuing your property
We offer a free no obligation service which enables us to provide you with an up to date market valuation for your property. We will develop an individual marketing plan for your home and make recommendations as to the best way to secure a sale in today's competitive market.
All you need to do is to provide us with some basic information about your home along with your name and telephone number and one of our team will call you back to arrange a convenient time for us to come and carry out the market appraisal. Not only will we appraise your home, we will also help you benchmark your property against the market - it's in our interest to get your valuation as accurate as possible to enable us to market your property to its full potential. Alternatively, you can call us on 01249 822555 and speak to one of our team
Don't be fooled by over inflated valuations that look great on paper and are offered to impress and gain your business. Valuing a property correctly is crucial to the successful sale of your home. Pitch the price too high and your property may look unfavourably against others at the same price; too low and buyers may question what is wrong with it. By choosing Charles Faye to sell your property we'll put your house on the market at a realistic price and you’ll be well on the way to securing a swift sale.
Your Property Seen
Not only do we have our own website that we market through, we also feature your property on many of the country's biggest property portals offering unprecedented access to millions of customers not only from the Wiltshire area, but to those who live further afield looking to locate to the region.
Don't just choose any estate agency to sell your home, choose one that you feel comfortable with and one that wants to work for you to get you a fair price for your home. We are proud of the reputation we have built over the many years we have served the community and believe that our excellent customer service, honesty and property knowledge ensures the whole process of selling your home is made as easy as possible.
Selling your home can be one of the most stressful times of your life. We wish everything was simple, but life just doesn't work out that way every time. That's why we are here to guide you through the pitfalls when it comes to selling your home. Marketing is one of the most important aspects when selling your home and our commitment is to proactively market your property making it highly visible online through the major property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation, Find a Property, Fish 4 Homes & many more.
In addition to our online activity, we also create full colour promotional materials and using our extensive database of prospecting home seekers our goal is to find the right buyer for your property. Our strength is combining our range of marketing activities, our reputation, knowledge and our enviable High Street position to make your buying or selling experience as straight forward as possible.
Working for you
Our number one aim is to get the best possible price for your property. In our experience, selling a home is a three way relationship, initially between you and our team and then with potential applicants. Our intentions are to work closely with you from the outset, starting when we value your property by using the UK’s largest database of comparable properties in the area, to make sure we set a reasonable, but realistic for sale price for your property.
As soon as you officially instruct Charles Faye Estate Agents to sell you property, our aim is to start proactively marketing your property within 48 hours. Our technology enables us to produce high quality digitally printed colour property brochures swiftly, and your property will appear online as soon as you approve your property’s details.
We aim to help you exchange contracts as quickly as possible after agreeing a sale, and by working closely with all parties we guarantee that your sale won’t be allowed to drift along.
More than anything, we want you to feel 100% satisfied and confident with the service that we offer, so we’ll discuss your priorities right from the beginning, and tailor our approach accordingly to your needs. Charles Fayes is a locally owned and run business, where trust, honesty and communication are key to success. By getting to know our sellers and buyers well, we can help to make the sale process as smooth as possible.
First Impressions Count
How you present your home for sale can have a huge impact on your success in selling it. Staging can help. Staging is presenting your home in its most appealing light to the majority of home buyers.
In theory, staging isn't hard or costly, but in reality, many homeowners find it difficult because it's often hard to see something objectively when we love it. It is important not to spend too much money on home improvements unless there is major work needed. An easy way to see effectively staged homes is to visit your local show home. Decorating a show home is expensive, but builders are willing to invest the cost because they understand just how well a staged home sells. You too can profit from this knowledge, without having the expense.
They say you can only make one "first impression," and people usually form their first impression within 30 seconds. What potential buyers see when they drive up to your house will be their first impression. This is a good place to spend a little extra time and money. Make sure the garden is neat and tidy as this is also a big selling point to buyers. If possible give the front lawn a mow, tidy the borders, make the driveway look neat and remove any weeds. Spruce up the front door, making sure the bell works and the letter box is shiny and clean.
Advisory improvements to make are:
- Thoroughly clean your house from top to bottom, including the skirting boards, the curtains and windows. Your home must sparkle.
- Do check over your house to see if there is anything that needs fixing. Anything of this nature will send the wrong message to potential buyers. Getting them fixed before you put your house on the market is a smart idea.
- The "50% Rule" suggests that you should eliminate the clutter in your home by at least half. This may be the hardest rule of all! We love our clutter - it reflects our memories, hobbies, and values. But it doesn't help you sell your homes, and this is what it's all about. Clutter makes homes seem smaller and disorganised. De-clutter as much as possible. There is no point in transporting clutter to your new home, so this is a great opportunity to have a good clear out now rather than waiting for when you do actually move.
- It you are painting, use neutral colours as they help sell. It's a fact. Potential buyers walking through your home want to imagine themselves as the owners and a neutral canvas aids this vision. If you use styles or colours they would never select, you've potentially just turned them off. Staying high-quality, but neutral is the safest option and doesn't cost much at all.
- Buying a home is an emotional decision, and you want potential buyers to make an emotional connection with your home by being able to "see" themselves in it. Remove objects that your potential buyers won't be able to identify with.
- Make sure your house smells nice. Try and free your home from pet smells, this is very off-putting for potential buyers. Try to air your property as much as possible or use air fresheners, but don’t go overboard as this can also be off putting. The age old trick of baking bread or brewing coffee always seems to work.
- The kitchen is one of the main rooms that sell houses to potential buyers. Make sure it is spotless and clutter free. It sounds obvious, but remember not to cook fragrant food whilst viewings are taking place.
Once you accept the challenge that you're turning your home into a "show home" to sell at top price and in record time, you've won half the battle. You'll be well rewarded for your efforts!